Third-Party Products & Services
GL Studio® is a powerful suite of tools enabling developers to build high-fidelity graphics and fully interactive controls into their software products, enhancing the level of realism and sophistication of their development efforts. Programmers can use GL Studio to create state-of-the-art, reusable 2-D or 3-D graphical interfaces for operating, maintaining, or replicating even the most complex systems including military/civil aircraft cockpit displays, automotive dashboards, process/flow controls, medical displays, and communications equipment.
The GL Studio suite offers the following package options:
• GL Studio – Core tool for creating powerful 2-D and 3-D graphical interfaces
• GL Studio DT – To develop desktop applications, with generation of C++ and Java-based code
• GL Studio ES – To prototype, test and deploy high-end graphical displays on embedded systems
• GL Studio PR – Bundle which includes features of DT and ES packages, and prebuilt content libraries
• GL Studio SC – For developing and deploying certifiable embedded safety critical displays
All GL Studio packages include an intuitive HMI editor for creating or importing graphical elements and behaviors that drive the application. The editor offers a host of core features for rapidly creating 2-D or 3-D geometry in a WYSIWYG environment, alleviating the need to manually write OpenGL® code. Geometry creation features include basic tools for drawing, grouping, ordering, and texturing. The editor has the ability to import 3-D content from industry standard file formats. Geometry is quickly converted into devices such as knobs, push buttons, switches, and odometers using out-of-the-box geometry conversion tools. GL Studio also includes C++ and Java-based code generators for desktop prototyping and embedded deployment.
GL Studio ES provides additional capabilities to help users transition their high-end graphical interfaces from prototyping, to testing, to deployment on display hardware for embedded systems. GL Studio ES includes runtime libraries for deployment on desktop environments (Windows®, Linux®-x86) for rapid prototyping, as well as selected embedded environments (Linux-ARM, iOS). DISTI can also help with compiling the GL Studio ES runtime libraries to meet your custom embedded OS requirements. Support for new OS and hardware variants is often straightforward.
GL Studio ES includes:
• Desktop and embedded (ES) C++ code generators
• Desktop and embedded runtime libraries compatible with OpenGL ES v1.1 and v2.0
• iOS Toolkit - OpenGL ES v1.1 and v2.0 runtime libraries built for iOS (with royalty-free distribution)
• Optional: Android™ Toolkit - OpenGL ES v1.1 and v2.0 runtime libraries built for user-specified
Optional Content Libraries – The object-oriented design paradigm from GL Studio produces self-contained smart graphical elements called Reusable Software Objects (RSO). DiSTI offers several RSO bundles for standard user interface functions, including core GUI building blocks, automotive clusters, test equipment interfaces, mapping and texture features. DiSTI also offers a variety of integrated turnkey virtual cockpits.
Simulink Connectivity – The GL Studio Blockset for Simulink® allows users to run their Simulink and Stateflow® models and have them update GL Studio-based user interfaces. This bidirectional interface allows users to pass data from Simulink to drive user behavior, and to pass user interface inputs back to Simulink. To setup the connection, users simply include a GL Studio Block in Simulink to dynamically discover the user interface class properties. They can then easily connect Simulink I/O with GL Studio user interface I/O. GL Studio interface objects can then be used to visualize your Simulink simulation.