Search for more jobs
Senior Software Project Engineer (f/m) Embedded Hardware
DE-München (Related locations: München, Oberbayern, Bayern, Deutschland)
We are seeking a Design Engineer that understands Embedded Hardware Development. Do you love simulation, and designing? Do you believe in being an evangelist of the benefits of MathWorks Solutions? If yes, then apply today.
The growth of Model Based Design and automatic code generation has created demand for support of complex production deployments of Simulink, Stateflow, C-Code Generation, HDL Code Generation and other tools. This position leverages a unique combination of skills involving customer-facing activities, software development and industry domain expertise. The candidate will strategically engage with major corporate customers in the application of MathWorks products for Model-Based Design and Production Code Generation. This will involve recommending technical approaches using the existing products, providing customized solutions for advanced applications and collecting requirements. The successful candidate will help establish strong technical relationships with key customers.
The candidate will leverage skills in MATLAB, Simulink, VHDL and/or Verilog, to provide advanced code generation solutions. Projects will vary from short-duration coaching to multi-month advanced deployments at customers in Europe. The focus is on long term solid technical success driving an expansion of product usage. This position will be part of a large international pilot support team with operations in Asia, United States and Europe. The international team operates within a common charter and process. Periodic visits to the United States will be necessary.
- Generate excitement, confidence and passion for usage of Model-Based Design and automatic code generation in digital hardware design in complex production deployments.
- Work directly with selected customers to provide technical assistance and to establish deployment strategies for Model-Based Design.
- Establish deployment requirements and work with other development engineers to implement required features or determine how to most effectively use existing features.
- Understand customer workflows and industry domain standards to provide technical advice on how to realize them with MathWorks tools.
- Develop focused product extensions to address specific customer needs.
- Periodic travel for customer presentations, planning discussions and on-site technical meetings is required (up to 25%).
- Work closely with sales teams and other customer-facing staff focused on a fast paced and continually evolving strategy for successful adoption of tools for deployments.
Qualifications Required / Preferred
- Strongly preferred MS or Ph.D in Engineering or Computer Science
- Experience with using MATLAB and Simulink for signal processing and/or hardware development
- Experience with embedded signal processing hardware development with Verilog, VHDL, System C and/or System Verilog
- Knowledge of related technologies including one or more of the following: detailed usage of HDL simulation, synthesis and implementation tools, performance tradeoffs between resources, processing speed and power
- Ability to clearly understand how MATLAB, Simulink and Stateflow models should be implemented in HDL to target FPGAs and ASICs
- Strong desire and ability to work with customers and turn their needs into actionable plans leading to the successful deployment of MathWorks solutions
- Ability to interact effectively with MathWorks business partners in Sales, Marketing, Software Development, Application Engineering, Training, and Consulting
- Effective verbal and written communications skills in English
- Flexibility to work on multiple projects with ability to multi-task based upon frequently changing business opportunities and external demands
- Code generation tools for embedded controls, software development or signal processing
- Fixed-point development experience
- System-level design experience of digital hardware for numeric applications
- Tools development experience
- Substantial industry experience in areas related to the requirements of this position
- Experience working in a customer-facing role
It’s the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It’s contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it’s being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing – for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 2500 people in 15 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.